This year the 9th SPIoT will be held in conjunction with the 13th International Conference on Security, Privacy and Anonymity in Computation, Communication and Storage (SpaCCS 2020) in Nanjing, China, on Oct. 23-25, 2020.
The Internet of Things (IoT) regarded by most as Internet’s next evolutionary phase, can be perceived as a global network that brings together physical objects with sensing, actuating, and communicating capabilities. The goal is to connect devices that are able to self-configure and self-adapt to contextual changes through collaboration, instead of expecting direct human input. Nevertheless, this seamless integration of the cyber capabilities of the corresponding devices with the physical world, is poised to take the threats against this technology to the next level. In this context, every threat against IoT may constitute a threat against the physical assets of systems and such threats may be even translated to loss of human lives. SPIoT aims at complementing SpaCCS topics by providing specialized, in-depth focus on the security and privacy issues around IoT.
The focus of SPIoT is on high quality research papers about state of the art in a wide range of IoT-related technologies:
Proceedings: All accepted papers will be published by Springer LNCS in SpaCCS 2020 Workshops proceedings (indexed by Ei Compendex).
Journal Special Issues: Best papers, after further revisions, will be invited for possible publications in the special issues:
1) Journal of Information Security and Applications, Elsevier (IF: 1.537) Special Issue on Trends in Cybersecurity Deadline for manuscript submissions: 9 November 2020. Corresponding CFP.
2) Symmetry, MDPI (IF: 2.143) Special issue on Symmetry and Asymmetry in IoT and CPS Security and Privacy Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2020. Corresponding CFP.
3) Sensors, MDPI (IF: 3.031) Special Section on Emerging Blockchain Technology Solutions for Real-world Applications. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2020. Corresponding CFP.
4) Energies, MDPI (IF: 2.707) Special Section on Advances on Blockchain Technologies for Energy Systems. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2020. The CFP will be available soon.
5) Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, Springer (IF: 2.397) Special Issue on Blockchain for Peer-to-Peer Computing. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2020. Corresponding CFP.
Submission and Publication Information: All papers need to be submitted electronically through the submission website using PDF format. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not exceed 12 pages in Springer LNCS format (or up to 16 pages with an additional charge for the extra pages), including tables, figures, references and appendices. Papers will be selected based on their originality, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation assessed by at least two reviewers. Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present the work. SPIoT-2020 reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from the digital library and indexing services), if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Keynote Speeches: You are welcome to attend keynote speeches shared by co-located SpaCCS 2020.